- When: Tuesday 20 September 2022
- Synchronisation of EPP worksites via Locations
- Site assignments for Workers, Contractor Workers and Contractor Companies synchronised from EPP
- Unlocking of previously locked Worker, Contractor Worker, Contractor Company and User data that is managed by Safety rather than EPP.
Who gets these changes: All clients (but only activated for clients that have Safety integrated with EPP).
Default assignment of the Site for a new Worker or Contractor Worker
In Safety, each Worker or Contractor Worker must be associated with a particular blue Site in the Organisational Structure.
In EPP, a Permanent Employee (equivalent of Safety's Worker) or a Contract Employee (equivalent of Safety's Contractor Worker) is linked to a Worksite, which translated to a Location in Safety.
Each Location in Safety can be linked to one or more blue Sites in the Organisational Structure.
When a new Worker or Contractor Worker is created in Safety following the creation or this Worker/Contractor Worker in EPP, then for the new Worker/Contractor Worker, the Site in Safety is set as follows:
- If the Worker's/Contractor Worker's Worksite from EPP matches a Location in Safety, and this Location is linked to only one blue Site in Safety's Organisational Structure, then the Worker/Contractor Worker will be associated with this blue Site.
- In all other cases, Worker/Contractor Worker will be associated with the special blue Site called "Unassigned". If necessary, an authorised Safety user will be able to change these associations as required, manually.
Default assignment of the Site for a new Contractor Company
In Safety, each Contractor Company must be associated with one or more blue Sites in the Organisation Structure.
In EPP, a Company is linked to one or more Worksites.
When a new Contractor Company is created in Safety following the creation or this Company in EPP, then for the new Contractor Company, the Site(s) in Safety are set as follows:
- If for the Contractor Company's Worksite(s) there are one or more matches in Safety Locations, and any of these Locations are associated with any blue Sites in Safety's Organisational Structure, then the Contractor Company will be associated with all the blue Sites linked to all the matching Locations.
- In all other cases, the Contractor Company will be associated with the blue Site called "Unassigned".
Ongoing changes to Sites associations
Note that after the initial association of a newly created Worker, Contractor Worker or Contractor Company with the blue Sites in Safety, these associations will continue to be managed exclusively in Safety. Any changes in EPP related to Worksite associations for Workers, Contractor Workers or Contractor Companies existing in Safety will not be passed to Safety.
Unlocking of the Worker, Contractor Worker, Contractor Company and User data
Previously, we have locked multiple data fields in Worker, Contractor Worker, Contractor Company and User records for EPP-integrated Safety systems, to ensure that EPP is the source of truth for this data. After further analysis, we have established that some of the locked data must be managed directly in Safety rather than in EPP, and therefore this data has now been unlocked and made available for editing in Safety.
In the Edit Worker screen, the following fields are now unlocked for editing:
In the Edit Contractor Worker screen, the following fields are now unlocked for editing:
- Trade Category
- Contract Reviewed on Termination
- Vault Notify checkbox
- Vault Audit checkbox
- Vault Check checkbox
- Vault Solo checkbox
- Vault App Login Token
- Vault Check JSA Signoff
- All of the fields in the Employment Information section
In the Edit Contractor Company screen, the following fields are now unlocked for editing:
- Vendor Number
In the Edit User screen, the following fields are now unlocked for editing:
Select User Group Profile
Company Structure / Assigned Structure
Please sign in to leave a comment.