When a record is submitted through the web portal there could be several people who receive a notification informing them of the entry.
The people notified via email are:
1. The person who is submitting the record (they must have an email address in Vault). This cannot presently be disabled.
2. The supervisor of the person submitting the record (if enabled in Options & Preferences. They must also have an email address in Vault)
3. Any person belonging to a Notification and Escalations group where:
- The group is configured to receive notifications for the particular type of entry e.g. incident submissions
- The group is configured to receive notifications for the part of the organisation structure that the record was entered into e.g. the incident site (blue level)
This functionality also applies to Vault Notify (the web portal mobile app).
The entry types covered by this functionality are Incident, Illness, Injury, Near Miss, Risk and Observations.
Note: that your organisation may have a different term for incident and near miss - this article uses the default terminology. Using different terminology does not affect the functionality outlined in this article.