The KPI synchroniser is designed to capture records from an HR, payroll or finance system and using key data fields (site, date & hours) to populate your Vault Performance Indicators records with the hours worked at each site by employees and contractors for each month.
The KPI hours imported are then seamlessly combined with your Vault incident data to automatically generate the Lost Time Injury Frequency rate which is a key industry performance measure.
Synchroniser KPI Hours files are full files as each entry is a unique record and is not subject to future change.
1. Log into the Vault database, click the settings icon and select Settings.
2. Select Synchroniser - KPI Hours from the Settings page
3. Determine what KPI Hours data you wish to import from your master database (HR, Payroll) into the Vault database - check the Hours worked by site data table in the table below to ensure the fields you require are supported by the Synchroniser.
4. Extract your KPI hours data from your master database into a CSV file in the format prescribed in the Hours worked by site data table
File name must begin with "kpi" and finish with ".csv" e.g. "kpi_31JUN2010.csv"
Save the CSV file in a known location in your network.
5. Enter the email address you wish to receive Synchroniser - Employee notifications. Note this email address can be unique for each synchroniser function.
6. Determine if you wish to receive error notifications only or error and successful synchronisation notifications.
> how many columns are in your CSV file
> the CSV Quote character
> the CSV separator
> if your file contains a title row
8. Map the columns to match your CSV file fields
9. Save your settings (generally the settings once saved are not required to be changed)
10. Using an ftp application, send your file to ftp.platinumsafety.com FTP Host = ftp.platinumsafety.com
FTP port = 21
FTP User = YOURCOMPANYNAME
FTP User = A user password dedicated to your company will be assigned to you when subscribing to the service
KPI Hours data configuration
Once the CSV file(s) has been sent to the ftp location, it will be addressed by the daily scheduled task to run at midnight (AEST). Note the file may run anytime between midnight and 4am.
- Synchroniser runs the CSV file and if no errors are detected the changes in the file are made to the Vault database and the CSV file is deleted from the server.
- If errors are detected, then changes are rolled back and no data is changed and the CSV file is deleted from the server. A full list of all errors is emailed back to a customer nominated email address.
- The errors should be corrected and resubmitted in a new file for synchronisation the following night.
Note: for every field mapped, there must be an entry in the CSV file, even if the field contains no data.
Hours worked by site data table
Required fields are indicated by Red bold text
The MONTH field in your CSV file should be in the format DD/MM/YYYY. The day should always be 01 followed by the month and year identifiers
01/07/2010 = KPI Hours for July 2010 01/08/2010 = KPI Hours for August 2010 01/09/2010 = KPI Hours for September 2010 etc.