The Employee Synchroniser is designed to capture records from an HR or payroll system and using key data fields (employee and site) populate your Vault by allocating each employee and their personal records to the correct employee record and also allocating each employee to their correct site.
The synchroniser can be used to do an initial import of all your employees and then be scheduled to update your records as often as required.
Full employee files or changes only (delta files) are accepted.
Typically, initial population of is by way of a full upload then either changes only (delta files) or full files for ongoing updates.
1. Log into the Vault, click the settings icon and select Settings.
2. Select Synchroniser - Employee from the Settings page.
3. Determine what Employee data you wish to import from your master database (HR, Payroll) into the Vault database - check the Employee data table in the table below to ensure the fields you require are supported by the Synchroniser.
4. Extract your Employees data from your master database into a CSV file in the format prescribed in the Employee data table.
The file name must begin with "employee" and finish with ".csv" e.g. "employee_31JUN2010.csv"
Save the CSV file in a known location in your network.
5. Enter the email address you wish to receive Synchroniser - Employee notifications. Note this email address can be unique for each synchroniser function.
6. Determine if you wish to receive error notifications only or error and successful synchronisation notifications.
> how many columns are in your CSV file
> the CSV Quote character
> the CSV separator
> if your file contains a title row
8. Map the columns to match your CSV file fields
9. Save your settings (generally the settings once saved are not required to be changed) 10.Using an ftp application, send your file to ftp.platinumsafety.com
FTP Host = ftp.platinumsafety.com
FTP port = 21
FTP User = YOURCOMPANYNAME
FTP Username = A user password dedicated to your company will be assigned to you when subscribing to the service
Note: the above information is displayed to the superadmin user in the Synchroniser setup pages.
Note: secure ftp is supported using port 22.
Employee data configuration
Other Person Types:
Vault has an optional feature that allows 2 additional person types to be configured. These "Other Persons" have identical fields to employees and they can also by synchronised to Vault using the Employee Synchroniser. The process is identical to that described in this section. An additional .CSV file for each "Other Person" type needs to be generated and presented to the synchroniser.
Other Person Type setup
Once you have established the synchronisation fields for employees, change the "Person Type" (in the example above configured as Students and Visitors) and establish the required fields for these persons.
Create CSV file names for the "Other Persons" in exactly the same format and capitalisation as they are presented to you in the setup window.
In the example you should be presenting three .CSV files to the synchroniser FTP
The FTP access details including Port, User and Password are identical for all synchronisation sessions.
Once the CSV file(s) has been sent to the ftp location, it will be addressed by the daily scheduled task to run at midnight (AEST). Note the file may run anytime between midnight and 4am.
- Synchroniser runs the CSV file and if no errors are detected the changes in the file are made to the Vault database and the CSV file is deleted from the server.
- If errors are detected, then changes are rolled back and no data is changed and the CSV file is deleted from the server. A full list of all errors is emailed back to a customer nominated email address.
- The errors should be corrected and resubmitted in a new file for synchronisation the following night.
Note: for every field mapped, there must be an entry in the CSV file, even if the field contains no data.
Data field mappings:
Required fields are indicated by Red bold text
Table 1. - Data fields