The Certification Synchroniser is designed to update an item of plant's certification records from a master asset or inventory system source. This function is used by clients who wish to retain an existing internal plant system rather than the Vault, but still wish to reflect and display the certification status of plant items into Vault.
Key Plant fields are Serial Number, Certification name, Certification Interval, Date Certified, Date Expiring, Certifying Company, Comments.
Full employee files or changes only (delta files) are accepted.
Typically, initial population of is by way of a full upload then changes only (delta files) for ongoing updates. Full uploads can be presented for ongoing updates, but care must be taken not to introduce duplicate records.
- Valid Plant details loaded in Vault Training Plant & Equipment module.
- Valid Plant serial numbers in Vault
- Certification Name must match that in Vault exactly
- Valid Certification date in Vault.
- Assets>Plant / Equipment module - Certification (Plant Item/Serial No., Certification Title, Last Certified Date, Valid Until date, Status
- Comments are added to the 'Notes' field in the Plant Details screen
- Reports auto-updated
1. Log into the Vault Database
Click the settings icon and Select Settings.
2. Select Synchroniser - Certification from the Settings page.
3. Determine what Plant data you wish to import from your master database into Vault - check the Plant Certification data tablePlant Certifications below to ensure the fields you require are supported by the synchroniser.
4. Extract your Plant data from your master database into a CSV file in the format prescribed File name must begin with "certification" and finish with ".csv" e.g. "cert_31JUN2014.csv" Save the CSV file in a known location in your network.
5. Enter the email address you wish to receive synchroniser - Employee notifications. Note this email address can be unique for each synchroniser function.
6. Determine if you wish to receive error notifications only or error and successful synchronisation notifications.
> how many columns are in your CSV file
> the CSV Quote character
> the CSV separator
> if your file contains a title row
8. Map the columns to match your CSV file fields
9. Save your settings (generally the settings once saved are not required to be changed)
10. Using an ftp application, send your file to ftp.platinumsafety.com
FTP Host = ftp.platinumsafety.com
FTP port = 21
FTP User = YOURCOMPANYNAME
FTP User = A user password dedicated to your company will be assigned to you when subscribing to the
Plant Certification data table
Required fields are indicated by Red bold text.
These are used to uniquely identify each instance of a certification e.g. a certification for a ladder may be 2 months for visual check and 6 months for full rope and rung check.
|Vault field name||Synchroniser Picklist fields||CSV format parameters (# of characters) Field description|
|Serial Number||SERIAL NUMBER||VARCHAR 
Unique identifier for plant item
|Certification Title||CERTIFICATION||VARCHAR 
A valid Certification name/title is required to ensure the same record in Vault is updated, otherwise a new record will be added to Vault.
|Last Certified Date||CERTIFICATION DATE||DATE; DD/MM/YYYY
The date the plant item was last certified.
This is only used if a plant item has multiple certifications of the same certification title but with varying intervals. e.g. Ladder 2 months, Ladder 6 months
|Valid Until Date||CERT VALID UNTIL DATE||DATE; DD/MM/YYYY
Not required if Last Certified Date and Interval are populated. However this date can be used to 'f'orce' a certification date that overrides the calculated one.
|Certifying Company/ Employee||CERTIFYING COMPANY||VARCHAR |
Free text comment field added to the Notes field in the Plant Details for the item.