In the following example I will create a report from the events view and join to the employees and additional person types view to add the investigator's employee number as this is not available from the events view.
1. Once the report has been created, ensure to add a unique ID field. In this example, the field is Investigator Internal ID.
This field can be hidden from the table output by clicking the drop-down arrow and selecting 'Hide Field'.
2. Click the 'Add Sub Query' + in the top left-hand corner.
3. Use the following options and then click Ok.
- Type: Append
- Style: Advanced
- Data Source: Vault Data
- View: Employees and Additional Person Types
4. Select the Unique ID field that you added in your original table and drag in the field to the 'Master Query Field'.
From the Employees and Additional Person Type fields, find the corresponding ID and drag this into the 'Sub Query Fields'.
Name the Join.
NB: If in your master query you have turned the site filter off, it will also need to be turned off for all subqueries.
5. From the new Employees and Additional Person Types view you are able to add any fields that relate to the join.
For this example, I want to add the Employee Number.
Publish your report.
If you wish to toggle between Sub Queries, click the tiles in the top left corner.
The top icon will always be the master query.