The classification for an injury or illness is calculated dynamically and is always classified as the most severe of any condition that it meets.
The hierarchy in order from most severe to least severe is:
- First Aid
- No Treatment
- N/A (for non-injuries / illnesses)
As an example, a person involved in an injury may have been given first aid, and later had some time off work. This will be classified as an LTI as that is the more severe of the two.
Each incident will only ever be classified as one of the options listed above.
To further expand on this, the below are the conditions for the given classifications:
- Fatality - the fatality check-box under Incident Categorisation must be ticked.
- LTI - there must be at least one full day off added to the injury / illness.
- RWI - there must be at least one restricted day added to the injury / illness.
- Medical - medical or hospitalisation must be selected as the treatment required.
- First Aid - first aid must be selected as the treatment required.
- No Treatment - no treatment must be selected as the treatment required.
The relevant VIntel field is "Incident Injury Type" in the Incident Management view.