In the following article, I am following an example of creating a report that will show the percentage breakdown of event injury types over the last 3 months.
1. Add a count of count ID twice. One of these will be converted to a percentage.
2. Filter the report with the Event Date Start Month field so that it is looking at the required date range. In this example, I have filtered the report to see data from the last 3 months.
3. To change the count to a percentage, click the drop-down arrow on the count field and click Advanced Function
4. Search for Percentage of Total, once this is selected, click save.
5. This converts the number of each event injury type (ie First Aid) to the percentage of all events (i.e. the column total).
To add a % sign as a suffix, click the drop-down arrow on the count field and navigate to Format > Edit.
In this example, I have changed the Display and added % as a suffix.
6. Add Event Date Start Month to the report.
To change this date stamp to a Month Name, click the drop-down arrow, Format > Edit.
7. Change the Display to your preference, set Date Format as Other and add a custom date format.
MMM : Jan, Feb, Mar
MMMM : January, February, March
mm : 01, 02, 03
yyyy : 2016, 2017, 2018
yy : 16, 17, 18
8. Your Report should now look similar to the following:
9. The table now needs to be changed from a column based to a cross-tab report.
Move the Month field to the rows.
NB. This then changes the display of the percentage calculation. If you do not wish to show this on the table, the field can be hidden by clicking the drop-down arrow and clicking 'Hide Field'.
Creating the Chart
10. Move the Charts tab, Change the chart type to your preference. I have used the 'Stacked Horizontal Bar Graph'.
11. Add the fields to the corresponding axis.
12. As the chart is based on a percentage, the axis scale settings can be changed so that its maximum value is 100.
Go to Axis Settings from the top menu.
13. Turn on labels to show the break down of each Injury Type.
NB: If you do not wish to have the table displayed, click the Table On/Off button in the Design Screen.