A session is the period of time in which an activity/job is undertaken. For the duration of this session, a worker can be monitored and tracked from within Solo Platform. A worker can also maintain constant contact via preset and elective check-ins during this time.
The following procedure relates to initiating a session within the Solo Mobile app.
Note: Depending on your Solo Mobile app settings some of the following fields may not be present, if so please proceed to the next step in the procedure.
Prior to actioning this process, you will:
- Have accessed the Solo Mobile app previously.
In this article you will learn about:
- Access Solo Mobile app.
- Selecting a New Session profile.
- Specifying an Estimated End Time.
- Checking / editing location.
- Updating Session Information fields.
- Starting a Session.
1. Access Solo Mobile app
- From your smart device Tap the Solo Mobile app Icon.
Result: The Solo Mobile app landing page will display with the last used profile as it’s default.
2. New Session
This function allows the user access to the session profile list.
- Tap the New Session icon.
3. Select Session Profile
This function allows the user to select the activity/job type that is about to be actioned.
- From the session profile list select/tap the required profile type
Result: The session profile selected will display with it's preset required information fields.
4. Specify End Time - If req’d
This function allows the user to stipulate an Estimated End Time of any given activity/job.
- Tap Edit in the Est. End time field.
- From the Set End Time pop-up, tap the required finish time.
Result: The Finish Time will populate into the Finish Today field.
5. Check Location
The Location field will default as soon as a GPS signal has been acquired by the device.
- Ensure that the location is correct
- If correct proceed to step 5
- If not correct
- Tap Edit.
- From the map press and hold the location pin.
Note: That all maps functions e.g. zoom & map scroll will work whilst holding the location pin.
- Drag pin to the correct location and release.
- Tap the tick to save this new location.
6. Update Session Information fields - If Req’d
Dependant on the settings for the profile selected in Step 1:
- These fields may be labelled differently from the examples used below.
- These fields may not be present. If not proceed to Step 7.
- Tap in the required session information field.
- Enter the required information via the device keyboard.
- Repeat for all session information fields.
7. Start Session
Starting the session will commence monitoring and tracking from within Solo Platform.
- Tap start session.
Result: The session has now commenced