The Messages register is simple to navigate and displays all messages created within Solo Platform. The messaging functionality allows a Solo Platform user to send messages to an individual Solo Mobile/Wear app user or group of app users, it also allows for the recipients to acknowledge its receipt.
Watch the below video, and/or refer to the rest of the article for additional detail.
The following procedures relate to the functionalities available within Messages.
Prior to actioning this process, you will:
- Have logged into Solo Platform.
In this article you will learn about:
- Accessing the Messages Register.
- Sending a New Group Message.
- Adding a new group message to a thread - From the Register.
- Viewing an existing message.
Access the Messages register
- From the Solo menu.
- Select Messages from the Menu options
Result: The Messages register will display.
New Group Message
New Group Message sets up a new message group (Individual[s] / Team[s] / Zone[s]) which a single “in-app” message can be sent to. The receipt of which can then be Acknowledged by each recipient.
- Click the New Group Message button.
Result: The Create Group Message screen will display.
- Name Group:
- Click in the Group Name field.
- Enter the required group name. E.g. Christchurch Office
- Enter Subject:
- Click in the Subject field.
- Enter the subject of the message.
- Enter Message:
- Click in the Message field.
- Enter the message to be sent to the group.
- Selection Type:
- Click in the Selection type field.
- [People or Team] or [Zones].
- IF: People or Team selected.
- Click in the Select People Or Team field.
- Either scroll and select the required people or team to receive the message.
- Search (via search field) and select the required people or team to receive the message.
- IF: Zones selected
- Click in the Select Zones field.
- Either scroll and select the required Zone(s) to receive the message.
- Search (via search field) and select the required Zone(s) to receive the message.
- IF: People or Team selected.
- Select Current People Status (if req'd):
- Click in the Current People Status field.
- Select the user status required from the drop-down.
- Select All = All Users from the Selected People / Teams / Zones
- Active Sessions = The Users from the Selected People / Teams / Zones currently IN an Active app session.
- Suspended Sessions = The Users from the Selected People / Teams / Zones currently IN a Suspended app session.
- Inactive Sessions = The Users from the Selected People / Teams / Zones currently NOT in an Active app session.
Important Note: This selection will further filter the options chosen in People or Teams / Zones.
- Save and Send:
- Click the Save and Send Button.
Result: The Message will be sent to the stipulated recipients and the message will be saved within the messages register.
Send a new group message to an existing group - from the Register
A new group message can be sent to an existing message group allowing the same group parameters to be used for multiple messages.
From the Messages Register Identify the message group to be messaged again.
- Click New Message.
Result: The Send New Message screen will display.
- Enter the new message in the Message field.
- Click Send.
Result: The Message will be sent, the messages register will redisplay and the thread will update accordingly.
View An Existing Message
Viewing a Message allows a user to access the message group details, including the individuals who received/Acknowledged it.
View a Message
From the Messages Register Identify the message group to be viewed.
- Click the Group Name.
Result: The Group Message Details will display.
The Group Message Details screen displays:
- Teams / People (sent the message).
- Zones (sent the message).
- People Status (All / Active / Suspended / Inactive).
- Last Sent Message to (Number of people).
- Created (date).
- Last Sent Message (The message itself).
- Last Sent By (Who sent the message).