The Setup: Zones area within Solo Platform provides access to the Zones Register and to the functionalities of Add New / View / Edit and Delete Zones.
Zones allow a Solo Platform Operations Manager or Administrator to set up defined boundaries (areas) that can then be monitored and included in Solo mobile app profile functionality so that if a Solo Mobile app user enters (or exits) these zones an alert can be created to advise of this. e.g An alert advising that a user has entered a restricted area.
Solo Platform zones incorporate Google Earth, allowing administrators to define boundaries on top of a satellite view of a specific geographical area.
The following procedures relate to the functionalities available within Zones.
Prior to actioning this process, you will:
- Have logged into Solo Platform.
In this article you will learn about:
Access the Zones register
- From the Solo menu.
- Expand the Setup section of the menu.
- Select Zones from the available options
Result: The Zones register will display.
From the Zones register.
- Click on the Add New Zone.
Result: The Create Zone function will display.
- Click In the Name field.
- Enter a New name for the new Zoned area.
- Click in the Code field.
- Enter the code for the zone (if req'd).
- Click In the Description field.
- Enter a description for the new Zoned area (if req’d).
- Use the map functionality to Search / Zoom / Navigate to locate the desired zone address / area.
- Click the Draw a Shape icon located at the top/ centre of the map.
- Proceed to use the crosshairs to place markers that define the boundary (polygon) of the required zone area.
Note: To place a marker - Click the spot on the map required, once two line ends meet the crosshairs will change to a icon, click that location to finish the boundary.
If you need to restart drawing the zone simply complete the current zone attempt and then re-click the Draw Shape Icon.
*Defining the boundary.
- Once the boundary has been defined it can be modified by clicking and dragging any required marker to a new location.
*Click and drag markers to further define the boundary.
Once the area has been finalised.
- Click Save.
Result: The Zones register will display including the new zone.