Zones allows a Vault Solo live administrator to set up defined boundaries (areas) and register or exclude Vault Solo app users from them via the business rules functionality. When a Vault Solo app user enters (or exits) these boundaries an alert can be created to advise of this. e.g An alert advising that a user has entered a restricted area.
Vault Solo zones incorporates Google Earth, allowing administrators to define boundaries on top of a satellite view of a specific geographical area.
The following procedures relate to the functionalities available within Zones.
Prior to actioning this process you will:
- Have logged into Vault Solo Live.
In this article you will learn about:
Access the register
- To access the Zones register, from the menu.
- Click Zones.
Result: The Zones register will display.
From the Zones register.
- Click on the Add.
Result: The Create Zone function will display.
- Click In the Name field.
- Enter a New name for the new Zoned area.
- Click In the Description field.
- Enter a description for the new Zoned area (if req’d).
- Use the map functionality to Search / Zoom / Navigate to locate the desired zone address / area.
- Click the Draw a Shape icon located top / center of the map.
- Proceed to use the crosshairs to place markers that define the boundary (polygon) of the required zone area.
Note: To place a marker - Click the spot on the map required, once two line ends meet the crosshairs will change to a icon, click that location to finish the boundary.
*Defining the boundary.
- Once the boundary has been defined it can be modified by clicking and dragging any required marker to a new location.
*Click and drag markers to further define boundary.
Once the area has been finalised.
- Click Save.
Result: The Zones register will display including the new zone.
View / Edit / Delete Zone
From the Zones register.
- Identify the Zone you wish to View, Edit or Archive.
- Click on the Actions dropdown.
IF you wish to View the Zone:
- Click View from the Actions dropdown.
Result: The Zone Details will display.
Note: IF you wished to edit from this point you can do so from this point, click Edit in the top right hand corner.
- IF you wish to Edit the zone:
- Click Edit from the Actions dropdown.
Result: The Edit Business Rules function will display in the Details section.
- From this point you can proceed through each of the sections (Name / Description) and modify any details that are required.
- To Modify the Zone Boundary simply Re-Draw the required area following the same process described in “Add Zones”.
- Then Click Update.
IF you wish to delete a Zone:
- Click Delete from the Actions dropdown.
Result: The Delete confirmation will display.
- Click Delete to confirm.
Result: The Zones register will display minus the Zone deleted.