The Setup: Profiles area within Solo Web Portal provides access to the profiles Register and to the functionalities of Add New / View / Edit and Delete profiles.
A Profile is an activity or session that is used within the Solo Mobile app. Users of the app will select a profile prior to commencing an activity or session. Each of these Profiles has specific editable parameters around Check-in timings, user availability, session information requirements and Escalations / Notifications. All fully editable by Solo Web Portal Operations Managers and Administrators.
The following procedures relate to the setting up of Profiles.
Prior to actioning this process, you will:
- Have logged into Solo Web Portal.
In this article you will learn about:
- Accessing the Profiles register.
- Adding a New Profile.
Access the register
- From the Solo menu.
- Expand the Setup section of the menu.
- Select Profiles from the available options
Result: The Users register will display.
Add a New Profile
From the Profiles register.
- Click Add New Profile.
Result: The Create Profiles function will display in the Details section.
Create a title and description for your new profile.
- In the resulting Details section:
- Click In the Name field.
- Enter a New Profile name.
- Click In the Description field.
- Enter a description of the new profile (if req’d).
- IF an Emergency Contact Number is Required for this profile:
- Click In the Emergency Contact Number - Select Country Code field.
- Enter the Country code of the emergency contact number to be used for this new profile.
Enter the Name of the country required.
- Select from the drop-down options.
- Click In the Emergency Contact Number - Emergency Contact Number field.
- Enter the emergency contact number to be used for this new profile (if req’d).
Note: The emergency contact number will default into the user's call screen - if an alert is raised and the Call option is selected.
- Click Next.
Setup your check-in schedule and GPS metrics
- In the resulting Timings section:
- Click In the Time between check-ins (minutes) field.
- Enter the time period required before a user of this new profile MUST check-in as safe.
Note: A user can elect to Check-in early at any point during this period.
- Click in the Grace Period (minutes) field.
- Enter the Grace period required before a missed check-in will result in an Alert being triggered.
I.e. If a user misses a required check-in - there will be a grace period of time allowing the user to check-in before an alert is triggered thus preventing unnecessary Alerts being triggered in error.
- If you wish GPS tracking to be a part of the new profile - Leave the Track GPS check-box checked.
I.e. If this check-box is unchecked the user will not be tracked via GPS during any activity/session using this profile.
Click in the GPS Details Transmit Frequency (Minutes) field.
Enter the required frequency that the user's device will transmit their GPS positional data to the server.
Click in the GPS Collection Frequency (Minutes) field.
Enter the required frequency that the user's device will collect their GPS positional data.
Here you assign your Profile to your Team(s).
- In the resulting Assignments section:
- IF you wish for this new profile to be available to ALL your Vault Solo app users.
Check the Available to all check-box
- IF you wish to specify who has access to this new profile in the Vault Solo app.
Leave the check-box unchecked.
Click in the Teams field.
Click/Select the team or teams you wish to have access to this profile.
These are the options (fields) that a user will be presented with to complete when they start a session using this new profile, these options will be logged against the session/activity.
Examples of these could be - Job #, Vehicle registration # or Client Name etc.
- In the resulting Information Options section:
- IF you wish to add information fields:
Click the Add button.
Click in the Name Field.
Enter the required field name.
Result: The new information field will display.
Click/check the Show check-box against the new option.
- IF you wish to make this a mandatory option (field) i.e. it MUST be completed prior to starting a session/activity:
Click/check the Mandatory check-box against mandatory.
- Repeat these steps for as many information fields as are required for this new profile.
Here you will set up the email and/or SMS alerts to be sent to the appropriate contacts within your business for key events e.g. Alerts or user missed check-in. This section allows you to set up a simple notification or build more complex tiered Escalation scenarios for any given event.
- In the resulting Notifications section:
When you first access the Notifications section the register will be empty ready for the addition of new parameters:
- IF you DO NOT wish to set up an email and/or SMS alerts for this New profile:
Click the Finish button.
Result: The profiles register will display with the new profile added.
- IF you DO wish to set up an email and/or SMS alerts for this New profile:
Click the Add button.
Result: The add notification screen will display.
The notification type field allows you to stipulate the type of “in session” event that will trigger a Notification to a particular contact or contacts. E.g. send a notification when a Solo Mobile app user has a ‘Missed Check-in’.
- Click in the Notification Type field.
- From the drop-down select the “in session” event you wish to create a notification for.
Note: Selecting a notification type from the following:
- Enter Zones
- Exit Zones
- Missed Check-in
Will add extra fields/steps to the process.
IF: Alert or Missed Check-in selected.
Delay before first notification is sent (in Seconds):
The Delay before first notification is sent (in Seconds) field allows you to stipulate the period of time that will pass before the event type will trigger an escalation.
This option is designed to give the Solo Mobile app user and/or the Solo Web Portal operator time to manage and clear the alert prior to an escalation being triggered.
Note: The following fields will not display if an event type other than Alert or Missed Check-in is selected from the notification type field.
- Click in the Delay before first notification is sent (in Seconds) field.
- Enter the required Delay period.
Allows you to set up an interval at which the notification will repeat until it is cleared.
- Click/check the check-box to set up a repeat interval.
Repeat Intervals (in Seconds):
The Repeat Intervals (in Seconds) field allows you to stipulate the period of time that will pass before the notification is triggered to repeat.
- Click in the Repeat Intervals (in Seconds) field.
- Enter the required Interval period.
IF: Enter or Exit Zone selected.
Select the required Zoned areas that will trigger the notification.
Note: The following fields will not display if an event type other than Enter or Exit Zone is selected from the notification type field.
- Click in the Select Zones field.
- Either scroll and select the required Zones.
- Search (via search field) and select the required Zones.
- Repeat for as many Zones as necessary.
Select People or Team:
The Select People or Team field allows you to stipulate who will receive the notification.
- Click in the Select People or Team field.
- Either scroll and select the required people/team to receive the notification.
- Search (via search field) and select the required people/team to receive the notification.
- Repeat for as many People / Team(s) as are necessary.
Days in a week:
The Days in a week checkboxes allow you to stipulate which days the stipulated people/team(s) will receive the notification.
- Click / Check only the required check-box(s).
Email and/or SMS:
The Email and SMS checkboxes allow you to stipulate what types of communication will be used for the notification or escalation.
Note: These notifications will be sent to the listed email/cell numbers loaded against the contacts in Vault Enterprises Worker Register or Vault Solo (if standalone) People Register.
- Click/Check only the required check-box(s).
Set Monitoring Hours:
The Set Monitoring Hours checkbox exposes additional Start Time and End Time fields.
These fields allow you to stipulate the window of time in which the selected people/team(s) will receive the notification or escalation (on the required days).
- Click/Check the check-box to select Start and End Times
- Click in the Start time field.
- Select the required time.
- Click in the Finish time field.
- Select the required time.
Once the above steps have been completed the Notification can be saved. Then the process can be repeated as many time as is required to set up all notifications or build a tiered notification template.
- Click Save.
Result: The Notifications register will display including the new notification.
- IF an additional notification is required.
- Repeat all steps from Notifications register.
Finish Add New Profile
Once ALL the required information has been entered for all sections of the profile, it is ready to be Finished.
- Click Finish.
Result: The Profiles register will display including the new profile ready to be used by all those Vault Solo app users stipulated in the Assignments section.