By default, Vault BI reports will show all data in a report until filtered out, this includes the likes of archived information or sensitive events.
The following article will instruct on how to change the output of sensitive events to 'REDACTED' to hide this information.
- Create or edit an existing report from the Events view.
- In my example, I have used Event ID (Metric), Event Date and Event is Sensitive (Y /N). I want to include involved person name and the event description but this information needs to be created out of a calculated field as we want to hide the information if they are from a sensitive event.
- From the bottom left corner of the page, click the + button to create a calculated field.
- Name your field to your preference, I am using the name of the data I wish to return.
- Leave the Formula Type as Simple.
- Click [Case] and then [When]
- Define the When condition.
Field: 'Event is Sensitive'
Operator: 'Equal' [ADD]
- Type in the condition to be met, in this case, the value is 'Yes'. Click [ADD].
- Define the Then condition, this is what will be returned when there is a sensitive event.
- Click [Else]
- Define the Else condition, this is what will be returned when it is not a sensitive event.
- The query should match the following
- This new field will be created under the new folder of fields called Calculated Fields.
Drag the field into your report.
- Repeat for all fields that you wish to redact information from.
The following is another example of the query for the Event Description field.