In Vault, hazards and their associated risks are recorded in-line with best-practice steps for assessing the risks to health and safety in your work environment.
The key steps are:
- Identify the hazard - that is, the situation or thing that has the potential to cause harm
- Analyse and evaluate the risks posed by the hazard - what could happen, how likely is it to occur and what would the consequence be?
- Add Controls to eliminate or reduce the risk
- Review the effectiveness of those controls on an ongoing basis
With this approach in mind, in this video we provide an overview of how a typical workplace hazard is managed in Vault.
- Ensure you've learned the fundamentals of using Vault via our 'Vault Essentials' guide (click here).