In addition to being assigned to planned Checks, Check Mobile App Users (Inspectors) have the ability to launch an ad-hoc Check using any published Check Template.
This article explains how to:
- Launch an Ad-hoc Check
- Rate and Score Items in a Check
- Add Signature(s) to a Check and Submit
- Suspend an in-progress Check
- Resume a Suspended Check
- Delete a Suspended Check
- Tap the Menu icon:
- Tap the New button:
- Search or Scroll for the required Check Template. Commonly used Templates appear in the Most Used section at the top of the list. All other Templates are grouped by type.
Once the right Template is located, tap it:
- Enter the Location, Subject and Description for the inspection, then tap the tick icon:
- The Items to be checked are now shown, grouped together in their respective Sections:
Rate each Item.
Tap the tick icon to indicate that the Item has "passed"
Tap the cross icon to indicate that the Item has "failed"
Tap the N/A icon if the Item is not applicable in this instance
Depending on the Template being used, you may be presented with a list of pre-defined responses after selecting a rating, selection from which is mandatory. If so, select an appropriate response from the pick-list by tapping on it:
If the Scoring icon is present, this indicates that a Scoring System is available and should be used in addition to selecting a rating. Tap the icon to view the scores available for the Item, then tap the appropriate option:
To receive or record additional information for a particular Item, tap the more options icon to access additional options:
Tap the question mark icon to display a Hint for the Item if you are unclear on the nature of the Item or how to determine its outcome.
If the Add Response button is available, you may tap it to optionally select a pre-defined response to the Item from a pick-list.
Tap the add icon to reveal options:
Tap the appropriate option to add a Comment, Photo (opens camera to take new photo), Sketch, (GPS) Location, Video or Gallery (opens existing photos on your device). Note that these are not mandatory and should be added at your discretion.
Tap the Actions icon to add a new Action. Enter the Subject, Description, Due Date, Urgency and Accountable party.
Once Action details are entered, tap the tick to save.
You are now returned to the More Options screen. Tap the back arrow to return to the list of Items to check:
- Once all Items are rated, responded-to and/or scored, tap the next arrow to progress to the Summary screen:
- The Summary screen displays the number of Items that were rated as "Passed" as a percentage of the total number of Items, and the progress of the overall check:
To add a Comment about the overall inspection, tap the Comment icon
To progress to the next step, tap the next arrow
- At the Sign Off screen, one or more signatures are collected. You may add as many signatures as you like, however in some instances a minimum number of signatures may be enforced. Where this is the case, the number of signatures required will be indicated on-screen (e.g. '2 more signatures required').
Tap Add Signatory to add the first signature:
Enter your signature in the blue box. If a mistake is made, tap the refresh icon to start again, then tap the tick icon to save:
If two or more signatures are required, repeat this step, adding signatures and names of the Inspectors involved in the Check until all required signatures are collected. Then, tap the tick icon:
Result: the Check is saved and synced to the server. You are returned to the Check Mobile App Home Screen.
Note: In the event of a sync failure message, attempt a manual data sync.
At any point while carrying out a Check, the Check may be suspended and later resumed. To suspend a Check, simply tap the X icon in the top-left corner of the screen:
Result: You are returned to the Home Screen and the progress of the Check is suspended.
RESUMING AN SUSPENDED CHECK
To resume a suspended Check, locate it in the Home Screen and tap on the name of the Check:
Result: The Check opens to where it was suspended. Continue the progress of the Check.
To delete a suspended ad-hoc Check, locate it in the Home Screen and tap on the edit icon :
Result: The Edit Inspection screen is displayed.
Tap the delete icon :
Result: The Check is deleted. You are returned to the Home Screen.