The Setup: Zones area within Solo Web Portal provides access to the Zones Register and to the functionalities of Add New / View / Edit and Delete Zones.
Zones allow a Solo Web Portal Operations Manager or Administrator to set up defined boundaries (areas) and register or exclude Vault Solo app users from them via the business rules functionality. When a Vault Solo app user enters (or exits) these boundaries an alert can be created to advise of this. e.g An alert advising that a user has entered a restricted area.
Solo Web Portal zones incorporate Google Earth, allowing administrators to define boundaries on top of a satellite view of a specific geographical area.
The following procedures relate to the functionalities available within Zones.
Prior to actioning this process, you will:
- Have logged into Solo Web Portal.
In this article you will learn about:
Access the register
- To access the Zones register, from the menu.
- Click Zones.
Result: The Zones register will display.
IF you wish to View the Zone:
- Identify the Zone you wish to View.
- Click the Zone Name.
Result: The Zone Details will display.
Note: IF you wished to edit from this point you can do so from this point, click Edit in the top right-hand corner.
IF you wish to Edit the zone:
- Identify the Zone you wish to Edit.
- Click Edit.
Result: The Edit Zones function will display.
- From this point, you can proceed through each of the sections (Name / Code / Description) and modify any details that are required.
- To Modify the Zone Boundary simply Re-Draw the required area following the same process described in “Add Zones”.
- Then Click Update.
IF you wish to delete a Zone:
- Identify the Zone you wish to Delete.
- Click Edit.
- Click Delete in the bottom-right corner.
Result: The Delete confirmation will display.
- Click Delete to confirm.
Result: The Zones register will display minus the Zone deleted.