Solo has a set of common terminologies used throughout it's set up and function, this article provides a basic definition of the most important of those terminologies.
- Admin - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app and Edit access to the Solo platform Setup > Users/Teams/Profiles/Zones Only.
- Alert - A function of the Solo Mobile/Wearable app, allowing a worker to signal a state of DISTRESS directly to the Solo Platform. This alert will then need to be fully managed by the Solo Platform user in order to ensure the well-being of the party in distress.
There are two types of alerts:
- Alert - A distress alarm deliberately raised by the worker using the Mobile/Wearable app.
- Missed Check-in - A distress alarm raised automatically by the Mobile/Wearable app when a worker fails to acknowledge a predefined prompt to "check-in".
- Check-in - A predefined action in the Solo mobile/wearable app > profile, allowing it's user to signal ALL IS WELL directly to the Solo Platform.
- Grace Period - The period of time that will pass before a missed check-in triggers an alert in Solo Platform. During this time the app user will receive tone/vibration reminders to prompt them to check-in.
- Import - The process of bulk user registration for the appropriate level of access within Solo Platform / Mobile App / Wearable using an import template.
- Import Wizard - An automatic comparison tool that compares data from the import users template to fields available in Solo Platform and then auto-allocates this data to the applicable fields.
- Manager of workers - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app and Solo platform to view only workers they supervise.
- Messages - A a one-way broadcast functionality allowing a Solo Platform user to send messages to an individual Solo Mobile/Wearable app user or group of users, it also allows the recipients to acknowledge its receipt.
- Missed Check-in - A type of alert raised automatically by the Mobile/Wearable app when a user fails to acknowledge a predefined prompt to "check-in".
- New Alert pop-up - The New Alert pop-up allows quick access to any new alerts triggered by a worker in an active session within the Mobile/Wearable app. The New Alert Pop-up will appear no matter which area you are in in the Solo Platform.
- Notification/Escalation - A function of profiles, allowing for email and/or SMS alerts to be sent to the contacts within your business for key events. Notification/Escalation types are:
- Alert [Escalation]
- Missed Check-in [Escalation]
- Session Started / End [Notification]
- Session Suspended / Resume / Extend [Notification]
- Alert - Cancelled [Notification]
- Enter / Exit Zones [Notification]
- Operations Manager - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app and full View/Edit access to all areas of the Solo platform.
- Profile - A Profile is an activity or session that is used within the Solo Mobile app. Users of the app will select a profile prior to commencing an activity or session. Each of these Profiles has specific editable parameters around Check-in timings, user availability, session information requirements and Escalations / Notifications. All fully editable by Solo Platform Operations Managers and Administrators.
A Profile is made up of the following parameters/sections:
- Profile > Details - A title and description for your new profile.
- Profile > Timings - The check-in schedule and GPS metrics.
- Profile > Assignments - Assign who or which teams can use the profile in question.
- Profile > Information Options - The options (fields) that a user will be presented with to complete when they start a session using this new profile, these options will be logged against the session/activity.
Examples of these could be - Job #, Vehicle registration #, destination address or Client Name etc.
- Profile > Notifications - The email and/or SMS alerts to be sent to the appropriate contacts within your business for key events e.g. Alerts or user missed check-in. This section allows you to set up a simple notification or build more complex tiered Escalation scenarios for any given event.
- Role - The level of access a user has in the Solo Environment: Worker/Manager of Workers/Admin/Operations Manager.
- Session - A session is the period of time in which an activity/job is undertaken. A session is started by a Solo Mobile/Wearable app user and for the duration of a session, a worker can be monitored and tracked from within Solo Platform. A worker can also maintain constant contact via preset and elective check-ins during this time.
- Team - A grouping functioning within Solo that can be set up as per business requirements, they can also be used for messaging, profile assignments and viewing nearby colleagues.
- Token - A single-use randomised sequence of numbers/letters or code used to login to Solo mobile app.
- Two Factor Authentication - A process of authentication that must be completed during the initial login to the Solo Mobile app. this is an added security feature to protect customer data and customer identity.
- Worker - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app only.
- Zone - A defined boundary (area) that can then be monitored and included in Solo mobile app profile functionality. For example, if a Solo Mobile app user enters (or exits) a zone an alert can be created to advise of this.