This article will guide you through the Header & Footer configuration specifically for a report, or defining the default options defined in Administration.
Once a report has been created that you wish to add a header or footer to, ensure you are editing the report.
- Open the 'Report Formatting' tab from the top menu
- Scroll to and expand 'Header & Footer'
- The 'Default' setting is left blank at the time of set up, if you wish to change the default setting for all reports, see the end of this article.
Change the style to 'Custom'
- Click the + to select components to place in the left, centre, and right header/footer areas.
In this example, I am adding the report title to the top left of my export, and date in the bottom centre.
- Close out of the report formatting tab and publish the changes you have made to your report. You will now be able to see the relevant header and footer options you have added to your report.
- If you wish to add multiple components to an area of the header/footer, there is the option of adding 'space' to pad the components out.
Changing the Default SettingsIf you have admin access to BI, you can change the default header and footer settings for all report exports with 'Default' settings left on.
- Under Administration, open 'Content Settings'
- Expand 'Styles' and then 'Header & Footer'.
- As above, click the + to select components to place in the left, centre, and right header/footer areas.
- Ensure to click 'Save' from the top right of the page before exiting the administration menu.