Damstra Safety offers several methods for ensuring the security of your system, from multiple methods of changing a User's password to locking a system off from a user after multiple failed login attempts.
It also keeps a log of all password changes, resets and failed attempts which be exported as an xls. file.
The following process outlines:
- How to access this log.
- How to allow an Admin to change users passwords.
- How to activate the lockout functionality.
- Log into your Damstra Safety system
- Click the 'Settings' icon and Select 'Settings'
- Select 'Security' in the 'General' section.
Allow Admins to change users passwords
- To allow 'Admins to change a users password' simply select the appropriate 'tick box'.
Note: Users can still reset their own passwords from thew login page, if they have an email address recorded in the user account.
Lockout after multiple failed login attempts
- To lockout users who have 4 failed password attempts within a 1 hour period simply select the appropriate 'tick box'.
View and export the Security Log
- To view the security log click on the 'Security Log' tab.
- Use the 'Search Field' to search within the log, this will search for any data matches from within any of the presented columns except the 'Date' column.
Note: Column sorting is also an option within the log register on all columns.
- To export the log in an xls. format simply click 'Export' and the file will download to your PC.