Solo has a set of common terminologies used throughout it's set up and function and referenced in Solo Knowledge Base articles. This article provides a basic definition of the most important of those terminologies.
- Admin - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app and Edit access to the Solo platform Setup > Users/Teams/Profiles/Zones Only.
- Alert - A function of the Solo Mobile/Wearable app, allowing a worker to signal a state of DISTRESS directly to the Solo Platform. This alert will then need to be fully managed by the Solo Platform user in order to ensure the well-being of the party in distress.
There are two types of alerts:
- Alert - A distress alarm deliberately raised by the worker or automatically raised due to a detected fall or collision.
- Missed Check-in - A distress alarm raised automatically by the Mobile/Wearable app when a worker fails to acknowledge a predefined prompt to "check-in".
- Assignments - A term used within the Solo Profile setup to denote "who" will be able to select a given Profile for a work activity.
- Beacon - A Bluetooth beacon allows for better positioning accuracy to be achieved within a building where the GPS signal may be inhibited. Its is a small radio transmitter that sends out a signal for a radius of 5-30 meters (interior spaces). When deployed into key parts of a building, the user device (phone or wearable) can detect when it is in range of a beacon and calculate its approximate distance. If the device is in range of more than two beacons, then its location can be triangulated. Accuracy does vary depending on circumstances but can be as good as within +/-1-2 meters.
- Check-in - A predefined action in the Solo mobile/wearable app > profile, allowing it's user to signal ALL IS WELL directly to the Solo Platform.
- Fall Detection - A function of the Solo Wearable App which detects when a user (in an active session) has taken a slip, trip or fall.
- Grace Period - The period of time that will pass before a missed check-in triggers an alert in Solo Platform. During this time the app user will receive tone/vibration reminders to prompt them to check-in.
- Import - The process of bulk user registration for the appropriate level of access within Solo Platform / Mobile App / Wearable using an import template.
- Import Wizard -An automatic comparison tool that compares data from the import users template to fields available in Solo Platform and then auto-allocates this data to the applicable fields.
- Manager of workers - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app and Solo platform to view workers under their supervision.
- Messages - A broadcast functionality allowing a Solo Platform user to send messages to an individual Solo Mobile/Wearable app user or group of users, and its recipients to acknowledge receipt.
- Missed Check-in - A type of alert raised automatically by the Mobile/Wearable app when a user fails to acknowledge a predefined prompt to "check-in".
- New Alert pop-up - The New Alert pop-up allows quick access to any new alerts triggered by a worker in an active session within the Mobile/Wearable app. The New Alert Pop-up will appear no matter which area you are in in the Solo Platform.
- Notification/Escalation - A function of profiles, allowing for email and/or SMS alerts to be sent to the contacts within your business for key events. Notification/Escalation types are:
- Alert [Escalation]
- Missed Check-in [Escalation]
- Session Started / End [Notification]
- Session Suspended / Resume / Extend [Notification]
- Alert - Cancelled [Notification]
- Enter / Exit Zones [Notification]
- Operations Manager - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app and full View/Edit access to all areas of the Solo platform.
- Profile - Solo Mobile and/or Wearable App Users will select a profile prior to commencing an activity or session. Each of these Profiles has specific editable parameters around whether GPS Location data will be tracked, whether regular check-ins are required and their timing, user availability, session information requirements and Escalations / Notifications. Profiles can be created and edited by Solo Platform Operations Managers and Administrators.
- Questionnaires - A function of Profiles, questionnaires can be triggered when pre-set events occur within a users Solo Session e.g. 'Session Started', 'Driving - Finished', 'Fall Detected' etc. The questionnaires can be configured as multi-choice, text answer types or a combination of both.
- Solo Role -The level of access a user has in the Solo Environment: Worker/Manager of Workers/Admin/Operations Manager.
- Session - A session is period of time started and ended by a Solo Mobile/Wearable app user during which the worker is safeguarded by the Solo features available to them under the Profile selected.
SoloDrive - An optional feature which allows Solo to automatically detect driving and measure
driver behaviours such as hard acceleration, harsh braking, hard cornering, phone use and excessive speeding, as well the ability to detect and automatically raise alerts for collisions.
- Team - A grouping functioning within Solo that can be set up as per business requirements, and is used for messaging, profile assignments and viewing nearby colleagues.
- Timeline - Within Solo Platform, the section of a users session details screen that Shows a detailed timeline of the Solo Mobile or Wearable App users session. This can be either a current active session or an historical session record.
- Token - A single-use randomised sequence of numbers/letters or code used to login to Solo mobile app.
- Two Factor Authentication - A process of authentication that must be completed during the initial login to the Solo Mobile app. this is an added security feature to protect customer data and customer identity.
- Worker - An access level within the Solo environment allowing access to the Solo Mobile/Wearable app only.
- Zone - A defined boundary (area) that can then be monitored and included in Solo mobile app profile functionality. For example, if a Solo Mobile app user enters (or exits) a zone an alert can be created to advise of this.
- Zone Messaging - A fully customisable, rich text messaging function setup within Solo Platform > Setup > Zones, that allows for targeted messaging to be sent to users as they enter or exit a specific zone. An unlimited number of messages can be sent to meet a customers individual requirements.