Damstra Safety provides powerful tools to identify, schedule and track Training requirements for People across your Organisation, based on Position and individual needs. Note that while this video shows how to manage the Training Record for a Worker, the procedure for a Contracted Worker is identical.
You will learn how to:
- Initiate editing a Contracted Worker's record
- Assign a Contracted Worker to attend an already-scheduled session of a Training Course
- Assign a Contracted Worker to undertake a non-scheduled Training Course (e.g. Online course)
- Record the outcome of a historically-undertaken Training Course
- Identify and understand the various Training statuses
- Mark additional Training Courses as 'Required' for a particular Contracted Worker
- Mark Training Courses as 'Not Required' for a particular Contracted Worker
- View Training identified by Position
You must have already:
- Learned the fundamentals of using Damstra Safety via our 'Damstra Safety Essentials' guide (click here).
- Added the Contracted Worker to the Approved Contracted Worker Register (click here to learn how)
- Added a Training Course to the Course Register (click here to learn how)
If you are unable to access the above video or for a printable version of its content, feel free to download the PDF file or PPT file.
The below table explains all available Training requirement statuses and their triggers:
|Status||Symbol||Description||Status Triggered by...|
|Required||Training Required||Training marked as required or outcome of previous Training recorded as ‘not passed’|
|Required||E||Previous Training Certification has expired||Current certification expiry date exceeded|
|Scheduled||Training is Scheduled||Added as Attendee to scheduled Training Course|
|Scheduled||E||Previous Training expired and person is scheduled||Current certification expiry date exceeded and Added as Attendee to refresher Training Course|
|In Training||In Training||Scheduled Training date = today’s date or later and outcome has not been updated|
|In Training||E||Previous Training expired and person is in training||Current certification expiry date exceeded and Scheduled Refresher Training date = today’s date or later and outcome has not been updated|
|Current||Certification is Current||Outcome of Training recorded as ‘passed’ and certification expiry not yet exceeded|
|Current||S||Previous certification is current and person is scheduled||Added as Attendee to scheduled refresher Training and current certification expiry not yet exceeded|
|Current||I||Previous certification is current and person is in training||Added as Attendee to scheduled refresher Training and current certification expiry not yet exceeded and scheduled Training date = today’s date or later and outcome has not been updated|
For a downloadable PDF version of the above table, click here.
- Schedule Training Course and Assign Attendees
- Record Outcome of Scheduled Training Course
- Using the Training Needs Analysis Matrix
Article is closed for comments.