The Training Needs Analysis matrix provides a graphical representation of Training requirements and certification status by Person. Its data is automatically populated via other modules within Vault and requires no user input, however Users can make use of the information to quickly and easily determine the current Training landscape across the Organisation.
In this video, we cover how to manipulate and interpret the data available in order to get the most out of the Training Needs Analysis module.
You will learn how to:
- Access the Training Needs Analysis Matrix
- Select a Person Type (and optionally filter to a subset of)
- Select Category / Course to display
- Identify and understand Training requirement statuses
- Mark a Course as 'Required' or 'Not Required' for a particular Person
- Export data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Ensure you've learned the fundamentals of using Vault via our 'Vault Essentials' guide (click here).
The below table explains all available Training requirement statuses and their triggers:
|Required||Training Required||Training marked as required or outcome of previous Training recorded as ‘not passed’|
|Required||E||Previous Training Certification has expired||Current certification expiry date exceeded|
|Scheduled||Training is Scheduled||Added as Attendee to scheduled Training Course|
|Scheduled||E||Previous Training expired and person is scheduled||Current certification expiry date exceeded and Added as Attendee to refresher Training Course|
|In Training||In Training||Scheduled Training date = today’s date or later and outcome has not been updated|
|In Training||E||Previous Training expired and person is in training||Current certification expiry date exceeded and Scheduled Refresher Training date = today’s date or later and outcome has not been updated|
|Current||Certification is Current||Outcome of Training recorded as ‘passed’ and certification expiry not yet exceeded|
|Current||S||Previous certification is current and person is scheduled||Added as Attendee to scheduled refresher Training and current certification expiry not yet exceeded|
|Current||I||Previous certification is current and person is in training||Added as Attendee to scheduled refresher Training and current certification expiry not yet exceeded and scheduled Training date = today’s date or later and outcome has not been updated|
For a downloadable PDF version of the above table, click here.
- Schedule Training Course and Assign Attendees
- Record Outcome of Scheduled Training Course
- Manage Training for Worker