The Check Register provides a view of all Checks that have been assigned, completed and deleted. Where a Check has been completed, the results of the Check can be viewed and/or exported. This article covers the following aspects of the Check Register:
- Filtering the Register by Status
- Searching the Register
- Browsing the Register
- Viewing the outcome of a completed Check
- Exporting and Emailing an individual Check report
- Exporting the Check Register
The Check Register is accessed via Check > Register in the Menu bar:
The below diagram shows the Check Register User Interface which will be referred-to throughout this article:
The Register may be filtered to Checks of a particular status by clicking on one of the four status buttons at the top of the Register (Fig 1)
Options available are:
- All: Shows all Assigned and Completed Checks. This is the default view.
- Assigned: Filters to the following two statuses:
- Assigned: Check has been assigned to a User (Inspector) but has not been pushed to their device
- Sent to Device: Check has been assigned to a User and has been pushed to their device
- Complete: Filters to Checks that have been inspected and signed-off
- Deleted: Filters to Checks that have been deleted from the Register
- Recurring: Filters to Checks that are part of a recurring sequence
To search the Register for a particular Check or for a group of Checks that match particular criteria, use the Smart Search dialogue (Fig 2)
Any data that is known about the Check or Checks (e.g. Template Name, User, Due Date, etc.) may be entered. The Register will be filtered with each keystroke to only those items matching the entered criteria.
To browse the contents of the Register, use the Use x Entries dialogue (Fig 3) to control how many items are displayed per page, and the page buttons (Fig 4) to go to the Previous or Next page, or to jump directly to a specific page number.
VIEWING THE OUTCOME OF A COMPLETED CHECK
To view the outcome of a Completed Check, click the Actions button (Fig 5), then click Report. The report is displayed across two tabs:
Findings Report Tab: This displays the outcome of the Check including the pass/fail rating and scoring (where applicable) for each Item. The inspectors signature(s) is displayed, along with any comments, attached media or GPS location information:
Actions Report Tab: This displays the details of any Corrective Actions that were generated as a result of the Check:
EXPORTING AND EMAILING INDIVIDUAL CHECK REPORTS
Either tab within a report may be downloaded as a PDF by clicking the Print button, or emailed to a third party by clicking the Email Report button. Alternatively, these functions are available via the Actions button at the Check Register:
The Check Register itself can be exported either as a PDF or Microsoft Excel file.
To export as a PDF file, click the Print button. To export as a Microsoft Excel file (.xls), click the Export button (Fig 6).
Article is closed for comments.