Once the required report has been set up, it needs to be saved with 'Unsecure' distribution settings.
- When publishing the report, under the Distribution tab, set the 'Email & Broadcast Security' to Unsecure.
Setting up the Schedule:
- Click the Broadcast button from the top menu
- In the Broadcast menu, click Create New > FTP Schedule
- Enter the file name as you want it to save in your directory.
- Change the format, using the icons, to the preferred format.
- Enter your FTP credentials. If you don't have your own FTP server, please contact Vault Support and we can provide you with an FTP folder to use.
If the FTP user only has one folder (the home folder), use "/" for the Server Directory.
NB: Do not use the same FTP folder for your employee/KPI synchronisation.
- Set the frequency
- If you would like to change the time of the schedule, expand Advanced Settings and configure this here.
- Click Submit.
If a user chooses to send a report via FTP, then once the file is on the FTP, it's no longer governed by our BI product configurations or permissions. Similar to exporting to PDF or any other file type, if a report is exported to a file, anyone who comes across that export file could access it. Securing access to said files would have to be done in the FTP's security options itself. IE, setting up an SFTP location.
NB: When setting the share settings to 'Unsecure' this does not enable external access to the report.
The folder, dashboard, report, etc. security settings just apply to accessing items within the BI product. As soon as you Export, it's like any other file.