This article was originally published 22/03/2016
On the 4th April 2016, New Zealand introduces new legislation to improve its workplace safety performance and to a large degree align New Zealand standards with Australian standards.
The following amendments to Vault will be made in the first week of April.
- The tabs and sub tab labels "Employee" and "Contractor" will be amended to "Worker" and "Contracted Worker"
- Most instances of the word "Hazard" will be changed to "Risk"
- “Incident Management” changes to “Event Management” for menu items, navigation labels buttons and headings
- Asbestos Risks can be specifically tagged and will reside in a new "Asbestos" risk register
- The JSA/SWMS report will have a new blank page added for “Amendments” for hand written on site comments
- The JSA/SWMS report will have a “Controls” section added to the JSA/SMWS Associated Hazards.
NZ only changes
- The term "Serious Harm" is changed to "Notifiable Event" relating to incidents
(NZ Only – Australia remains “Dangerous Occurrence”)
Other non-critical amendments will follow in a future feature release.