Creating a public report in BI enables you to share a URL which takes anyone directly to the report without the need to log in.
NOTE: A Report needs to have the "Site Filter" removed from the report before being able to be used as a public report (untick "Site Filter" in "Access Filters", drag the field "Site Filter" into the "Report Filters" and set to "Equal To 0")
1. Create a "Content Sub Folder" with "Unsecure" Security Type settings:
2. Save a Report into the Sub Folder just created and with "Public Report" access.
3. Before activating the report, go to the "Distribution Security" settings and turn on "Web Services", give the report a name to be displayed, and change the "Email and Broadcast Security" to 'Unsecure'.
4. Once all of the above settings are put in place, Select "Save".
5. Now that the report is Active, you will be able to "Select the Share" button at the top of your Report, navigate to the "Link" page and use the URL provided as a means of providing access to those without a Vault/VIntel login.
This article is applicable only to organisations who have subscribed to the Vault Business Intelligence product.
For a downloadable version of this article click the file below: