This article was originally published 31/03/2016
On the 4th April 2016, New Zealand introduces new legislation to improve its workplace safety performance and to a large degree align New Zealand standards with Australian standards.
To support the legislative changes and to update alignment between New Zealand and Australian terminology, the following amendments to Vault II will be made on April the 4th.
- The tabs and sub tab labels "Employee" and "Contractor" will be amended to "Worker" and "Contracted Worker"
- Most instances of the word "Hazard" will be changed to "Risk"
- “Incident Management” changes to “Event” for menu items, navigation labels buttons and headings
- Asbestos Risks can be specifically tagged and will reside in a new "Asbestos” risk register
- The JSA/SWMS report will have a new blank page added for “Amendments” for hand written on site comments
- The JSA/SWMS report will have a “Controls” section added to the JSA/SMWS, Associated Hazards..
NZ only changes
The term "Serious Harm" is changed to "Notifiable Event" relating to incidents
(NZ Only, Australia remains “Dangerous Occurrence”)
Vault GRC will include some other non-critical alignments in the May feature release.
Reporting / VIntel changes
VIntel will be updated at the same time as Vault II to ensure there is a smooth transition for any regular reporting you are doing.
Article is closed for comments.